Extend XMod Pro with Add-Ons
Whether you need a specialized form control, an integration with a backend service provider, or a complete
pre-built solution, this is the place to look.
Please note that the XMod Pro Add-Ons are designed for and, thus, require XMod Pro in order to run.
Custom Dataview - RSS Datasource
- Category: Template Controls
- Developer: Moore Creative
- Version: 1.0.2
- Release Date: Jun 01, 2014
- Price: $45.00
Ever wish you could use XMod Pro with other data sources? Now you can read and display data from any RSS Feed or RSS / XML Feed Aggregates with this custom datasource!
MC Custom DataView for XMod Pro - RSS Datasource
The Custom RSS DataView allows users to display an RSS / XML feed in DotNetNuke pages through XMod Pro Templates.
Benefits & Features: We developed this RSS custom datasource so that we could use XModPro-managed code to display a feed of XML data in DNN pages. This can be used as-is to return a long or short column of recent RSS items, or it can be combined with jQuery and CSS in a variety of displays in your DNN site. Remember, because it's XMod Pro, you can easily edit and customize your module setup as needed!
- Easy to Use - Just plug in your RSS URL. That's it. This is a read-only, efficient datasource intended to retrieve your feed items quickly, easily and cleanly.
- Reads in Records like a Database! Read RSS posts (feed items) into XMod Pro just like any other data source.
- Data is Page Rendered – Unlike traditional feed and RSS modules which use a client-side script to fetch and load info, this RSS Custom DataView for XMod Pro renders the text content as part of the page data just like other data/records, not after page load. This gives the page full Google search credit for the indexed content.
- Fully Customizable Design & Layout – You have control over the full layout code, structure, setup of list structure with full design control over XMod Pro template code and CSS to make the feed match your website.
- Works with many standard XMP functions such as pagination, xmod:select for filtering/if-case-else actions. Can be combined with show/hide actions and CSS to display some records, all records, scrolling lists of records... it's up to your imagination!
- Multiple Example Layouts - Includes starter layout XMP template examples for a standard RSS feed list, a tabbed set of several feeds that show top 3 newest posts, and an example template setup in the mortar "staggered cards" style of layout.