Extend XMod Pro with Add-Ons
Whether you need a specialized form control, an integration with a backend service provider, or a complete
pre-built solution, this is the place to look.
Please note that the XMod Pro Add-Ons are designed for and, thus, require XMod Pro in order to run.
Custom Control - Google ReCaptcha Validation
- Category: Form Controls
- Developer: Moore Creative
- Version: 1.0.7
- Release Date: Feb 23, 2013
- Price: $30.00
Ditch DNN's boring captcha! This Custom Control for XMod Pro Forms gives you the ability to easily integrate Google's robust, customizable reCAPTCHA validation in your XMP DNN Forms.
Google reCAPTCHA Custom Control For XMod Pro Forms
This Custom Control for XMod Pro Forms gives you the ability to easily integrate Google's reCAPTCHA validation in your XMP DNN Forms!
PRICE REDUCTION : ) This individual validation control is now part of the XMP Validation Pack which offers reCaptcha and other popular alternate human-checking validation options.
Benefits & Features: We developed this Custom Control for a project where the client needed to protect their form entry with reCAPTCHA. We're all familiar with standard CAPTCHA and the core DNN available CAPTCHA, but clients often ask for a more attractive version, or versions with more features and for that, we love Google's reCAPTCHA. We use it to prevent comment spam in blogs, protect website registration, polls, feedback and contact forms and more!
- Learn more about reCAPTCHA from Google. Plenty of usage notes and history such as the definition of the term ; ) "CAPTCHAs are used by many websites to prevent abuse from "bots," or automated programs usually written to generate spam. No computer program can read distorted text as well as humans can, so bots cannot navigate sites protected by CAPTCHAs.
The term CAPTCHA (for Completely Automated Public Turing Test To Tell Computers and Humans Apart) was coined in 2000 by Luis von Ahn, Manuel Blum, Nicholas Hopper and John Langford of Carnegie Mellon University."
- Keep crawlers, bots, and automated systems from getting through your forms!
- Humans get plenty of options such as refreshing to load another CAPTCHA combination of text, SOUND to play an audio recording of the text and help/info on how to use.
- The Module Kit installer will setup an XMod Pro form example that shows reCAPTCHA in the form and basic style and setup examples.
- Integrates nicely with XMod Pro server-side validation and the alert/validation messages.
- There are four different styles/themes available from Google by default. You can use these, or you can override those styles through CSS.