XMod Pro Module Kit - User Registration Form
Quick & Simple Registration || Full Registration W/ User Custom Profile Fields
As an example kit to show off the flexibility of the new AddUser User Sign-Up and Registration features of XMod Pro 4
we have put together a pair of DotNetNuke user registration forms.
This Module Kit contains two XMod Pro Forms that are ready to use for DNN User Registration.
This demo shows elements of XMod Pro Forms such as:
- XMod Pro Form Elements - Form elements that are fully customizable such as validation, pre-filled / populated User data if the user is logged in, saving to custom database tables, and will display "thank you" message to the user, and can email the user / administrator a customized new registration email
- XMod Pro Form AddUser tag - New to Version 4.0! The AddUser tag will register a user in the DNN site and optionally add that user to one or more DotNetNuke security roles after the form has been successfully submitted.
- AddUser Options - Shows off the features for AddUser variables such as Add User To Roles, Approved, Update Password On Next Login, Username, First & Last Names, User Address, and DNN User Custom Profile fields
- Captcha Validation - XMP uses DNN core's CAPTCHA integration to help verify that users are people
- XMod Pro Validation - Basic XMP validation for required fields and password/confirm password check
- jQuery UI theme for basic styling
- UPDATE: HoneyPot For Bots - Added a few new example items to this registration form that are intended to help deterr bot submissions.
- HoneyPot Hidden Field - While hidden from human users the HoneyPot is irresistable to bots which will attempt to fill the field with some value. The field has XMP Validation which requires the field to be blank. The field is currently named "StateName" in this form kit, but can be renamed to anything else if needed.
This XMod Pro Form Module Kit also includes additional signup-related features through jQuery and AJAX that help complete the user registration experience.
- Password Strength Checker - The password strength is verified by the popular jQuery plugin, Password Strength Meter from MyPocketTechnologies. It displays password strength messages for
- Too short
- Username and Password identical
- Username jQuery AJAX Check - The form will check whether the username already exists, if so, a message is displayed encouraging you to pick a different username.
- Email jQuery AJAX Check - The form will check whether the email address already exists, if so, a message is displayed and suggests the "forgot password" function for the user.
- user registration module
- role signup module
- newsletter signup module
- email signup module
XMod Pro Module Kits: Notes & Instructions
- XMod Pro demos and XMod Pro Module Kits are free for everyone to use! We have developed them to help share popular items and to help train users in the features and functionality of XMod Pro for creating custom module solutions for DotNetNuke!
- To utilize this XMod Pro demo, simply download the Module Kit from the DNNDev Downloads section. Once you've downloaded the file, install it as you would any DNN module. Next, add the kit module to a page. Finally, click the module's "Finish Installation" button to complete the process. The result will be an XMod Pro module instance, configured to use the kits forms, templates, and feeds as needed.
- This Module Kit includes THREE different modules (forms)
- Basic DNN User Registration Form - Allows for quick and easy user signup and only asks basic contact questions of Name + Email + Username
- DotNetNuke User Registration Full Form - Also styled with jQuery Theme Roller, this is a more complete version of the user registration form that also includes additional user questions that are stored in the DotNetNuke User Custom Profile fields such as address, city, state, etc.
- DotNetNuke User Registration Full Form DNN7 Style! - The same as the previous one, but styled using the classes and styles of DNN 7 so that it matches the DNN 7 look out of the box!
- By placing this module on any page of your DotNetNuke website, you instantly get a complete and customizable User Registration solution for DNN. Use it on your main User Profile page for registration, or customize questions/fields and apply individual instances of the form code/module for specific types of user registration.
- The module code detects whether the DNN Portal is set for Public User Registration (in site settings) or whether another option is chosen. IF the site allows for public registration, then users are automatically approved/authorized. IF any other option is selected, new users created by these forms will automatically be set to "pending approval" or not authorized thus allowing for administrator audit of new registrations.
- This form code is ready to use once installed. However, it can be further extended with your own custom code to create additional features such as the ability to send additional email notices, save additional information in the database, and more! Consider adding the AddToRoles tag to the form to add different roles to the user based on specific questions answered during the signup process. Remember, as an XMod Pro module solution, you can easily add, enhance and extend the functionality!
- The jQuery involved is compatible with all modern web browsers and with jQuery versions 1.6.4+.
- This XMod Pro Module Kit features several XMP Forms for use.