Welcome to the Learning Center
The Guide | Knowledge Base | FAQ
Browse it all or refine your selection using the filters below on the left.
I'm really happy to let you know that we just released version 4.8 of XMP. Whereas our last release was strictly to provide a DNN 9.2 compatible version of XMP, this release fixes some issues and adds a few features. In other words, we're moving forward with XMP's development again.
New Documentation Center
The most noticeable change is our new Online Documentation here: https://www.dnndev.com/help/xmodpro/index.html
This is now a publicly accessible GitHub repository that allows you to make changes to the documentation by submitting pull requests and/or opening issues. You can find the repository here: https://github.com/dnndev/xmp-docs
I announced the new docs at the end of November and already we've received some community-contributed fixes and modified some topics. Going forward, this will be the most up-to-date version of our docs.
XMod Pro Changes
First of all, a big thanks to Patrick Ryan for his contributions to this release. Give him a pat on the back for all his hard work.
- ADDED: Robots property added to the <MetaTags> control
- ADDED: You can now specify external database connections for the DNN search integration (on the Configure XMod Pro page of the module). Previously, only the default DNN database was available.
- ADDED: The <Email> form action now allows you to attach multiple files to an email.
- ADDED: The <Email> form action now allows you to specify a site root-relative path by using the tilde character (~).
- FIXED: Issue where pressing the <CancelButton> in an edit form still processed the <Redirect> directive. Redirects specified via <Redirect> are no longer processed when the user Cancels out of a form. However, redirects specified on the <CancelButton> tag itself are still processed as before.
- UPDATED: Better error handling when a referenced <ControlDataSource> in a form did not exist or contained incorrect syntax (i.e. additional double-quotes) that invalidated the underlying ASP.NET control.
- UPDATED: Better error handling for <ListBox> control when referencing a <ControlDataSource>