Unleash Your DotNetNuke Data with XMod Pro
Your data is trapped - inside the DotNetNuke database or another external SQL Server database. Perhaps it's trapped by a module with limited display or reporting features. Perhaps you need to view data from two different databases side by side. XMod Pro is the DotNetNuke module you need.
Build Your Own Custom DNN Solutions
Combine the limitless display capabilities of XMod Pro templates and layout features with your custom SQL commands and the ability to access different SQL databases and you've got a data display and reporting tool that can't be beat.
Combine Data From Different DNN Modules
You can even use XMod Pro to enhance other Dot Net Nuke modules you have installed. For instance, create a list of recent posts from ActiveForums or a report on the download activity from Document Exchange (DMX), or pull data from your Blog module, combine it with the latest news articles and list of events to create your own custom What's New? Module for DNN.
Create Customized DotNetNuke Forms, Lists, Displays & More with XMod Pro
Imagine creating replacements for DNN core modules as well as Improvements and Enhancements for Other Dot Net Nuke modules! Once you have used the Form Builder and Database tools, you’ll realize that the possibilities are endless! By using the XMod Pro module, you can:
- replace the DNN core Survey Module
- replace the DNN core Feedback Module
- replace the DNN core Form and List Module
- enhance other DNN modules by working directly with their records and database tables by creating custom “data mash-ups”, combining records from different modules, creating reports and exports, additional “featured items” or “newest 5 items” lists and more!
Here are a few of the millions of things you can do with XMod Pro
- Provide your sales team with a custom view of all registered users in DotNetNuke (DNN)- displaying their full name and address. Allow them to filter on city or state and sort by the date the user last visited. DNN doesn't provide this capability, but XMod Pro makes it easy.
- Display the five most recent posts to your forums on the home page and link to the individual posts.
- Create your own What's New module for DNN that pulls blog posts from the Blog module, recent forum threads from the ActiveForums module, and recent uploads from Bring2Mind's DMX document exchange module for DNN.
- Create a product catalog module that pulls data from your inventory database running on a separate SQL Server and displays images stored on your web server.
- Create a slideshow banner for your home page.
- The possibilities are endless
Virtually Limitless Ways to Display Your Data
- Quick-Start Tools Get You Results - No Coding Required
You can literally create a fully-functional display of your data in a few clicks. Out-of-the-box, you can create tables, numbered lists, bullet lists, lists of paragraphs, and more. These solutions are complete - you get a paged list view of your data, a detail view of your data, plus all the buttons and 'wiring' needed to view details, edit records, and delete them. Since you use your own HTML, you can build just about any kind of display you need. Here are just a few of them: Single Record/Detail Views, Tables, Numbered Lists, Bullet Lists, Comma-Delimited Lists, Listboxes, Drop-down lists, paragraphs, HTML
tags, and much more. Plus we're adding new view types all the time like the new Slideshow and DataList views. These give you advanced functionality without having to
- Use Your Own HTML for A Customized Layout
- Multiple Views In A Single Module
Original to XMod Pro, this innovative feature allows you to craft a more complete application experience. You can mix and match multiple views in one module instance and lay them out with HTML. Even better, clicking a button in one view can trigger updates to one or more other views.
- Slideshow View
- DataList View
New to v.2.5 - While you can achieve a "liquid" horizontal layout of records using the standard view using CSS there are times when you need to ensure only a certain number of columns will be displayed in each row - for a product or image gallery, for instance. We've added DataList view to accommodate that. Within the view, you can also specify the direction the records will be placed into the grid (left-to-right, then top-to-bottom or top-to-bottom, then left to right).
- Searching, Sorting, and Paging Built In
Provide XMod Pro with a little information about your data and it will setup a search box and sort box for your data. Paging is automatic. All of these features are customizable. Advanced searching is possible by passing values into the page via the URL or POST. Create a custom search form using XMod Pro and use that to perform an advanced search.
You can detect and react to the current locale to retrieve localized content. XMod Pro can dynamically load a different view based on the current locale. Plus, XMod Pro's Format tag enables you to format dates and currency according to the current locale.
- Use Your Own Data Commands and Stored Procedures
Our quick-start tools get you started with the SQL commands to retrieve, edit, and delete your data, but you can use your own commands and/or stored procedures. You can use 'runtime' values (Portal ID, User ID, User IP address, etc.) to help filter your data as well as retreive OUTPUT parameters from your stored procedures for use in your displays.
- Display and/or Filter Using Dynamic Values
Work with the user's email address, name, ID, custom profile properties, the portal's ID, user's IP address, etc. Filter and/or sort your data based on one or more URL values or POST'ed values too.
- Role-Based Permissions Built-In
Determine who can add, edit, delete, and even view details.
- Multiple Data Sources
Grab data from the DNN database or an external SQL Server database.
- Enhance SEO Capabilities with MetaTags
XMod Pro gives you the ability to dynamically add-to or change the page's Title, Keywords, and Description. Use hard-coded values, environmental data, or data from the database.
Powerful Template Controls
|Meta Tags - Dynamically update your page's Title, Keywords, and Description. A great aid to Search Engine Optimization
|Format - Text, Numbers, Currency, and Dates. Plus, cloak email addresses from bots.