XMod Pro Module Kit - jQuery Vertical News Scroller: vTicker
As an example kit to show off the flexibility of XMod Pro templates when creating module items for DotNetNuke like a news ticker or slider, we have put together an example using our example data set and a jQuery script, vTicker - Vertical News Ticker
Intended to showcase article, text, paragraph and news info, this news ticker has options to help customize it for your needs including complete control of the style CSS, formatting, and content. Use it for links and text, but don't forget images and other types of content that are great to present in a scroller!
It can be used to show any type of data that you can setup in an unordered list, and can be connected with external data feeds (for instance external news article feeds, twitter feeds, facebook feeds, etc., OR use your own XMod Pro RSS Feed), or it can be used to show the newest articles and information from other DotNetNuke article or event, blog modules (such as the ZLDNN DNN Article or Ventrian or digArticle modules), or you can connect it to your own completely custom built XMod Pro article solution and external database records. Use this as a base code to create your own customized module or use it as a resource for tips and tricks for building your own XMod Pro solution!
- news ticker module
- article slider module
- most popular scroller module
- news / updates module
- featured article rotator module
- news slideshow
- blog post ticker
XMod Pro Module Kits: Notes & Instructions
- XMod Pro demos and XMod Pro Module Kits are free for everyone to use! We have developed them to help share popular items and to help train users in the features and functionality of XMod Pro for creating custom module solutions for DotNetNuke!
- To utilize this XMod Pro demo, simply download the Module Kit from the DNNDev Downloads section. Once you've downloaded the file, install it as you would any DNN module. Next, add the kit module to a page. Finally, click the module's "Finish Installation" button to complete the process. The result will be an XMod Pro module instance, configured to use the kits forms, templates, and feeds as needed.
- This module utilizes code and files from the vTicker, Vertical News Ticker.
- All of the look and feel is controlled through CSS for the div and list items. Options for the scroller itself include:
- speed - speed of scrolling animation (default 700)
- pause - wait time between scrolling (default 4000)
- showItems - how many items to show (default 2)
- animation - animation of sliding. To fade in/fade out use a value 'fade'
- mousePause - stop scrolling on mouse over (default true)
- direction - which direction all items will move. Values are 'up' and 'down'. (default 'up')
- The jQuery involved with vTicker is compatible with all modern web browsers and with jQuery versions 1.4.4+.
- This XMod Pro Module Kit features a Template for layout and a Form for editing the items in the demo.