Welcome to the Learning Center
The Guide | Knowledge Base | FAQ
Browse it all or refine your selection using the filters below on the left.
Since our first release way back in 2004, we've worked hard to foster a knowledgeable, friendly and welcoming community. Since then we've witnessed countless members grow from knowing "almost nothing" to building their businesses on XMod Pro.
The new University enables you to ask questions, provide answers, engage in discussions, read articles, find new friends and contacts, write articles, view videos and more. As you participate, you'll not only learn more about using XMod Pro but your reputation in the community will grow. This can lead to new business opportunities and a greater network of friends, old and new. Keep an eye on the leaderboard to see who you should follow and to see your own community profile rise. Oh, and did we mention you can earn points, badges, and even prizes? (more on the prizes to come).
What Can I Do Here?
- Great Question. In fact that's one of the things you can do here. If you need an answer to an XMod Pro-related question, ask it on our Answers page. Here we reward the curious. You get points for asking good questions.
- Answer Some Questions: While you're there, browse some of the other questions and see if you can provide and answer to help someone out. Guess what? You also get rewarded for providing good, thoughtful answers.
- The Guide: If you want to get up to speed with XMod Pro, check out our Beginner's Guide to XMod Pro. We're continuing to add new articles, sections, and features to it so check back often.
- Read An Article: You can read articles that DNNDev staff members and well-respected community members have written about doing cool stuff with XMod Pro or explaining a technique or feature of the software. We also post here when we release new versions of our software. Want to see your name in the Authors & MVP's section? Keep earning reputation points. We're always looking for community members that not only know their stuff but those who are consistently helpful. You may just find an email from me in your inbox one day with an invite :)
- Watch A Video: We've collected our free instructional videos in one place to make them easy to get at. We're making a concerted effort to add videos here on a regular basis. If you want to make a video for inclusion, let us know.
- Up-Vote Something: If you like a question, answer, topic or one of many other things you'll see here, be sure to up-vote it.
- Connect With the Community: People who are actively building solutions with XMod Pro from around the world gather here every day. Talk to them, read their posts, connect with them, learn from them. We make it easy to stay up-to-date. Simply go to the user's profile and click the "Follow" button. Try it out. You can follow me here
- Make A Friend: Did you know that you can also "Friend" other members of the community? If they accept, then you can also send private messages through our system.
- Join A Discussion: Head on over to the Discuss page to talk about XMod Pro and DotNetNuke related topics.
- Share Your Ideas: Help make XMod Pro a better product. Help us make DNNDev.com a more valuable site to you. Submit your ideas on the Ideas page. Let others vote on your idea and let the good ideas rise to the top. We'll look at the best ideas and, if they're do-able, we'll implement it. You'll even get cred for helping out.
- Make the Community Strong: Those members who have demonstrated their knowledge and commitment to the community will even be able to help moderate content on the site. It's a great way to help out and get some much deserved community recognition.
DNNDev University is a living, growing network of people and ideas. In short - a community. It is only as strong as its members. The content will continue to grow and evolve as you participate. We'll be there, as always, helping to foster a collaborative environment. This is just the beginning, though. We're already leveraging XMod Pro to build new "buildings" in the University and using its power to create a deeper integration with the underlying framework and the experience we gain we'll plow back into the development of XMod Pro and the site.
So, welcome to the new DNNDev University and the new DNNDev.com. I hope you like it.
We've come a long way since 2004. In fact, we'll be celebrating our 10th year of service to the DotNetNuke community in 2014 and we're just getting started. My advice to you?
Engage. Learn. Have Fun.
Then Go Build Something.